RE-ENTER OUR NEW WEBSITE AT www.jetskifishing.co.nz
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chinese PWCs ... Buyer Beware !!!

5 posters

Go down

Chinese PWCs ... Buyer Beware !!! Empty Chinese PWCs ... Buyer Beware !!!

Post  2-EXTREME Sat Feb 14 2009, 20:11

***ARTICLE EXCERT FROM SKI M.Ds Website****
___________________________________________________________________________________________
On the internet they look quite good ... then you see it in real life ...

DON'T BE FOOLED BY THIS COMPANY. THEY CONTINUE TO CATCH OUT NEW ZEALANDERS, AND OTHERS AROUND THE WORLD, WHO ARE LITERALLY THROWING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS DOWN THE DRAIN.

A Chinese company is producing a PWC that features on their website along with various other boats and engines, and they do look good. And this must be the reason that a few New Zealanders have got excited about owning a new PWC for less than 10k landed in NZ. But thats about where the good bit stops... in the flesh it is a very, very rough copy of the leading brands of PWC - a hull that is a direct mold off a Yamaha XL1200, only it is rough (like a concrete brick wall!) and has no gel coat, a four stroke car engine using a fly-wheel and alternater (bad news in a PWC exposed to salt water), various fuel issues (tank placement, lack of proper/legal venting), cooling, oil, steering and power issues - basically a mechanical nightmare and its claimed top speed of 60mph is more like 18. Every one of the people that have purchased these ski's or engines have had good communication from the company until their product has arrived in NZ where they then get the cold shoulder.

It is a bit of a disappointment, but it goes to show, the top manufacturers of PWC's have been around for a few decades now and the latest ski's are solid and reliable - and with the Sea Doo & Yamaha being sold at $16k - is it really worth the risk of importing?

Late last year, Ski M.D. got invited to see one of the first of the imported ski's, by a customer who wanted 'our mechanical opinion' on the product. We were very interested to see one, knowing replica's can be quite good... but it was worse than anyone could ever imagine, the list of its faults so long, it would be easier to say what is good about it - and that would be nothing. We did an initial write up, which was as neutral as possible, as to not offend its new owner, but trying to warn others at the same time .... We later recieved this email from a South Island man;

Hi,

I originally read your post on the chinese jetski's in Nov 07. I was quite impressed with the advertising from the chinese company and price. Thought I'd come back and check the article again after ending up with a very second hand looking , slap together rip off - buyer beware, I should have been a little more cautious but after communicating with them for about 3 months I felt they might stand behind their product...

Well .. I was supposed to get the Sea Doo copy that was in the brochure, but instead got the Yamaha copy which arrived looking very second hand;

The speedo has power on full time even when ignition key is removed. Speedo does not work though nor does the hour meter. The steering is not adjusted properly - it will turn hard right but left hand turning circle is about 12 metres. Two holes appeared through the gelcoat after the first 15 min ride, on the next ride, the ski filled with water and capsized, shorting the electrics, it's now sitting in the drive and unable to start. The starter is spinning but not engaging the ring gear.

The company stopped replying after my first complaint about the hull. Hopefully I'll get it sorted at the mechanics, enough for the wife to enjoy anyway. I'll go with something more reputable with a lot more power. Any idea's how to get the word out to any potential buyers in NZ to stay away from them? - Regards, Sean.

May 2008: We recieved a phone call of inquiry from an Auckland boat manufacturer who had imported 4 engines from this Chinese company, after good intital communication via email. When they arrived, he could only get 2 to go and the other 2 had quite major problems. His email enquiries to the Chinese company have been ignored ever since. Cost: $3000 each.

July 2008: This is the latest email - actually from Australia - thank you Derek, we are sure this will help stop a few people who are thinking about making the same purchasing mistake;

"I wish I had seen your site before I twice ordered two Suzuki engines from Hison, late in 2007 and in early 2008. My post-sales experience so closely paralleled the you reported that I think it must be Hison's standard operating procedure.

The first engine I ordered was supposed to be a complete turbo engine, modified for jetski use. After much delay and various excuses, an incomplete non-turbo stock car engine arrived, minus intake, exhaust manifold, fuel pump, etc. Hison apologised for the "misunderstanding" and promised to send the missing parts with a second engine, supplied at "special price".

The second order resulted in a very crudely modified jetski engine, complete but without the promised missing parts for the first engine. Hison later claimed these parts were too complicated for anyone but their own engineers to install. Despite repeated requests for an electrical wiring diagram, I never did receive this. Hison claimed it was a company secret.

To add insult to injury, the engine's purported 130-155hp was found by dyno testing to be only 90hp. Instead of enhancing the output, Hison's manifold actually reduced it. They claimed they had never tested the engine themselves and had gotten the performance figure from Suzuki (even though Suzuki make no such claim when the engine is installed in a motor vehicle).

I have (fortunately) never met any other company with such a repertoire of feeble excuses for their own miserable business practices. I wholeheartedly echo your advice that everyone should avoid dealing with them like the plague. Derek Gould,

Yengarie, Qld

Last edited by 2-EXTREME on Mon Feb 16 2009, 08:17; edited 1 time in total
2-EXTREME
2-EXTREME
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 728
PWC : 2009 Yamaha FX HO 1.8 litre
Best fish landed on your ski : 8lb 9oz (Small Fulla Auw)
Job/hobbies : National Sales Manager
Humor : What do you think ...?
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Back to top Go down

Chinese PWCs ... Buyer Beware !!! Empty Re: Chinese PWCs ... Buyer Beware !!!

Post  softbaiter Mon Feb 16 2009, 01:07

lol!

Those chinker copy skis just look like a peice of junk everything looks cheap and nasty, not unlike the chinese pit bikes and pocket bikes that flooded onto our shores and now sit derelict in peoples garages.... im amazed anyone would buy one.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishoe Mon Feb 16 2009, 01:55

they dont look that great on the web why would you buy one
Fishoe
Fishoe

Male
Number of posts : 539
Best fish landed on your ski : monster
Job/hobbies : Refrigeration engineer/catching big fish
Humor : Fillet And Release
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  softbaiter Mon Nov 23 2009, 19:52

Was immensely bored last night and found this site : http://hisoninternationalfraudalert.com/

Dedicated to alerting people about these Hison/Seajet SPVuk peices of crap that are flooding to a sucker near you.
softbaiter
softbaiter

Male
Number of posts : 517
PWC : Yammie FX140 fishing machine.
Best fish landed on your ski : 9lb Snap
Job/hobbies : IT System Admin / fixer of anything with button and plug, servers to coffee machines
Humor : haha
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  JAZA Tue Nov 24 2009, 08:09

softbaiter wrote:Was immensely bored last night and found this site : http://hisoninternationalfraudalert.com/

Dedicated to alerting people about these Hison/Seajet SPVuk peices of crap that are flooding to a sucker near you.

HOLY CRAP DODGY DUDES OUT THERE
JAZA
JAZA

Male
Number of posts : 177
PWC : 2008 Sea-Doo GTX
Best fish landed on your ski : 10LB SNAPPER FLAT ROCK 9-02-10 JIGGING
Job/hobbies : TRADESMAN/JETSKIFISHING/SNOWBOARDING
Humor : YOUR NOT KEEPING THAT ARE U??
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Chinese PWCs ... Buyer Beware !!! Empty Hison continued

Post  rem Wed Oct 20 2010, 19:57

Hi Fellows,

in doing a bit of googling on behalf of some friends of mine I found this forum on the Hison misery.

The posts above all look exactly like what is going on with my friends. This is serious stuff.

Does anyone have any information on chasing these guys up? Or should we simply consider this money thrown away?

The link

http://hisoninternationalfraudalert.com/

unfortunately does not work anymore.

Would really appreciate any other info out there.

Rem

rem

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down